- This event has passed.
Hot Numbers Roastery Open Day
11th November 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
HOT NUMBERS ROASTERY OPEN DAY
You are cordially invited to the inner workings of the Hot Numbers Roastery!
Please join us for a very relaxed and informal educational day with the Hot Numbers team. We will be focusing on:
– Understanding, evaluating and communicating coffee – We will hold regular cupping sessions throughout the day, an industry wide process used to both assess and score the quality of a cup of coffee. Understand ethics surrounding the supply chain, quality grading of coffee and plant varietals.
– Meet the Roaster – Our head roaster will be roasting batches of coffee throughout the day in our 15kg Giesen roaster, passionately explaining the complex nature of coffee and the roast process that plays a fundamental part in our coffee tasting the best it can be. Learn about single origin coffee or the requirement to blend for your business.
– Equipment – Understand the brew equipment we use and how your coffee grinder plays a fundamental role in taste. The grinder is in fact as important as the coffee machine itself. Auto tampers, coffee levelling tools and scales can also dramatically improve consistency in your barista workflow, so come and see our new equipment range, available for rent or purchase and have a play!
–Faema X30 – there will be a demonstration of the Faema X30 Bean to Cup. Exciting!
– Wholesale supply – Let us understand your business needs and see how easy it is to buy coffee wholesale from us. We will passionately support all your coffee and equipment requirements moving
– Pizza – We shall be serving up complimentary Pizza from our stone baked pizza oven within the Orchard garden over lunch.
– Free coffee and conversation! – Pouring out copious amounts of free coffee and conversation of course until the very end!
Stapleford Granary, Bury Road, Stapleford, Cambridge CB22 5BP.
Just follow the signs to the Hot Numbers Roastery on arrival. Car parking spaces are available within and around the granary courtyard.