Mulmar is committed to protecting the privacy of the individuals we encounter in conducting our business.
When you provide personal information to us we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy relates to our use of your personal information provided to us in order to service your requests, purchases, or other enquiries.
Personal Information we may collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. We may ask for personal information about you:
- For the purpose of contacting you either via a direct enquiry request or through our promotional emails we may require: name, email address, telephone number and location (not address).
- For processing orders we require invoice & delivery addresses and in some cases bank or credit/debit card information.
You are not required to provide personal information that we have requested, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our equipment or services or respond to any queries you may have.
What we do with the information:
Mulmar will use your personal information for a number of purposes, including the following:
- Internal Record Keeping
- To serve you in the way you requested: enquiries, processing your order, After-sales support, product sales information and other product services requested.
- We may process your contact details for purposes relating to sales and/or after-sales support, to provide you with product information or for other services requested by you where these are strictly related to products.
- To keep you informed on our latest services or product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. We ask you to consent to this first on our website.
- To send important notices regarding purchases, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. If you have entered into a legal contract with Mulmar you may not opt out of receiving these types of communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our processes.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (such as to law enforcement or government agencies), to reasonably enforce our terms and conditions and/or protect our operations.
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless for the express purposes required to service and process your interaction with us, as follows:
- To effect payment we will have to share your information with banking/credit/debit card providers.
- Delivery/postal companies we use will require your personal information to process your delivery correctly.
- Our IT provider/web host who have access to our website at all times
We will require third parties to comply strictly with privacy laws and will request that such companies do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
How long we keep your personal data
We retain your personal data for the duration of your business relationship with us, and we hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it, unless we have obtained your consent to use for another or similar purpose.
- Where we hold Personal Information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, we will keep the information for at least as long as is required to comply with that obligation (often up to 7 years).
- Data from website enquiries will be kept for a maximum of 24 months after which all Personally Identifiable information will be removed (unless requested prior to this).
- Subscribers to our newsletter will be opted in until they choose to unsubscribe. Regular removal of long term in-active subscribers will be in place to minimise data held.
Legal basis for processing your data
We will process your data under one or more of the following legal bases:
Consent – should you sign up for any kind of communication via our website we always require a confirmation of your consent.
Contract – should you purchase any of our equipment or services we need to process your data in order to contact you regarding arranging service calls, deliveries and for invoicing purposes.
Legal Obligation – Where we believe it necessary to process your information to comply with any legal obligations.
Legitimate Interest – At times we may feel that it is in your legitimate interest to contact you. We will participate in business to business communication. We believe our correspondence would be in line with your reasonable expectations and wouldn’t warrant an impact on you. However you will always have the right to object and opt out.
Security and Storage of your personal data
Mulmar maintains safeguards which include technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction, and we require the third parties we contract with to support our business operations to employ reasonable security measures as well.
We update and test security on an ongoing basis and restrict access to your personal data to only those who need to know in order to provide equipment or services to you.
We store your personal data using our own secure on-site servers or other internally hosted technology.
Your rights on personal data protection
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us:
- For access to your personal data;
- For a copy of the personal data you have supplied us with (data portability);
- To amend data in our possession;
- To delete any data where we no longer have any legal grounds to process this;
- To oppose data processing where application regulations allow for this;
- To revoke your consent, where data processing depends on consent;
- To limit the way we process your personal data, to the extent set out by personal data privacy regulations;
These rights are subject to a number of exceptions designed to protect the public interest (e.g. preventing or identifying crime) and our own legitimate interests. In the event that you exercise one of the aforementioned rights, it shall be our responsibility to verify whether you are legitimately entitled to exercise that right. We will inform you of the outcome of this within one month.
Questions, concerns or complaints:
The contact information for our Data Protection representative is:
Mulmar Foodservice Solutions
152 Great North Road